Frequently asked questions

Does Mr. Clark give free consultations?

Yes. Click on the “Contact Mr. Clark” button above to schedule a free telephonic consultation. During the confidential consultation, Mr. Clark will gain an in-depth understanding of your legal problem to help you determine what your best options are for resolving it. The consultation will enable you to decide if Mr. Clark is the right attorney to help you with your problem and enable Mr. Clark to decide if you are the right client for him.

How much does Mr. Clark charge to represent his clients?

It depends. For civil rights plaintiff cases, Mr. Clark usually charges a contingency fee. In other words, if Mr. Clark is unable to obtain compensation for the physical, emotional, or economic damages you suffer as a result of the wrongful government conduct, you will not pay him a fee. If Mr. Clark is able to obtain a money recovery for you, court costs and litigation expenses will be paid from your share of any recovery that he obtains. Additionally, some civil rights laws may provide for payment of attorney’s fees directly to Mr. Clark by the defendants if he prevails in your case against them.

For defense cases where you have been criminally accused, Mr. Clark usually charges an hourly fee for federal criminal matters. In instances where Mr. Clark accepts state criminal matters, he charges an up-front flat fee. The fee amount depends on the type of criminal charge and the anticipated complexity of the case.

For cases involving government regulatory action or property matters, Mr. Clark usually charges an hourly fee.

In what counties and courts will Mr. Clark represent clients?

Cases involving civil rights claims: Mr. Clark will represent civil rights clients in courts throughout the State of Texas.

Cases defending the criminally accused: Mr. Clark will represent persons criminally accused by the Federal government in federal courts throughout the State of Texas. Mr. Clark will also represent persons criminally accused by the State of Texas of committing drug crimes or white collar crimes in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, and Collin counties.